Zephyr Marine has been providing professional research and survey vessels for over ten years throughout Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Nevada and California. Our services are varied from offshore sidescan survey operations of the California coast to working with the Bonneville Power Administration conducting seismic profiling, bathymetry, video, coring, and Doppler current studies in the inland waters of Washington State. Our vessel captains come from varied backgrounds including hydrographic surveys and related projects, federal and state government research, commercial fishing and charter boats, marine education and ecotourism.
As a company dedicated to improving both quality and efficiency and possessing highly trained personnel and the latest in high-tech safety and navigational equipment, we have the ability to respond to unique and demanding projects.
ZEPHYR MARINE, INC.
- Cook Inlet, AK Operations: Pre-feed pipeline route survey for AKLNG, 2014-Present.
- Penobscot Bay, ME: NOAA Nautical chart update.
- SCCWRP: Sediment sampling, 2013, SoCal.
- Gahagan & Bryant Assoc.: Chevron Pier survey, Richmond, CA.
- AKLNG/Fugro Pelagos: 2013, MBES and sidescan, Cook Inlet, AK.
- Dredge Survey: Channel Islands Harbor, CA for Fugro Pelages, 2013.
- Oil platform power cable mapping: Fugro Pelagos, 2012.
- USGS 2014: Equipment search and recovery.
- Fugro Pelagos: ROV support, May 2012.
- Fugro Chance: Bareboat lease 2014-Present.
- Oregon Coast: Explorers Club, search for WWII submarine.
- Gulf Coast: NOAA task orders, 2014, Chef Pass and Rigolets chart update.
- Oregon Coast: 2014 Coos Bay, power cable landing.
- New Jersey Coast: NOAA task orders, 2013-2014, MBES and sidescan.
- Gulf of Mexico: NOAA task orders, 2012-2013, MBES and sidescan.
- East Coast Wind Farm Project: Cape Wind.
- Approaches to Mississippi Sound: 100 Square nautical miles for David Evans and Associates.
- Hurricane Sandy Debris Mapping: NOAA projects for David Evans and Associates, New Jersey Coast.
- California Bight Project: Storm water sediment sampling, and vibracoring in Newport Harbor, CA.
- Reson, Inc: Testing and demonstration of new sonar systems.
- Exponent: Sediment sampling for superfund site near Ketchikan, AK.
- Tetra-Tech San Diego: Delineation of radioactive contamination at Hunter’s Point Naval Shipyard.
- DEA: Survey submarine power line route near Juneau, AK.
- Fugro West: Side scan survey for offshore pipeline route.
- Alaska Commercial Divers: Commercial diver support in Petersburg, AK
- Sea Surveyor Benicia, CA and USGS: Bathymetry and sea bed classification survey.
- GRS and USGS: Multibeam bathymetry survey at the mouth of the Columbia River. Astoria, OR
- Dive Con Channel Islands, CA: Diver support of ROV operations for outfall inspection. Port Hueneme, CA
- CH2M Hill Seattle, WA: Sediment sampling for testing of toxic metals. Surveyed from Canadian border downstream 160 miles on the Columbia River.
- US Navy San Diego, CA: Test sonar system to detect non-friendly submersibles entering naval facilities.
- Solmar Survey Portland, OR: Multibeam bathymetry survey in 3 reservoirs surrounding Mount St. Helens to determine hydroelectricity generating capacity.
- TEG Oceanographic Services: Vibracoring. Ventura Harbor, Ventura, CA.
- Kintama Research, University of British Columbia: Salmon tracking project on Washington coast.
- Global Diving and Salvage: Wreck removal. Olympia, WA
- Global Diving & Salvage: Diver support and ROV operations to recover sunken fishing vessel in Olympic National Marine Sanctuary off LaPush, WA.
- Solmar Survey: Sidescan and single beam survey to investigate undercutting spillways on power-generating dams in northern Idaho and Montana.
- Fugro West: Bathymetry, engineering, and archeological surveys using Reson 8101 multibeam, sidescan sonar, Magnetometer, and sub-bottom profiler for LNG terminal permitting. Santa Barbara to Ventura, CA.
- Reson, Inc.: Long-term bareboat charter for development of new multibeam sonar systems.
- Global Diving & Salvage: Multibeam survey for as-built inspection on an outfall installation. Astoria, OR
- Fugro West: Sewer outfall inspection using sidescan sonar. Ventura, CA